Belgrade Climate & Temperature
- Belgrade, Serbia is at 44°47'N, 20°28'E, 132 m (433 ft). See map.
- Belgrade has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Belgrade is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 11.8 degrees Celsius (53.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 21.3 °C (38.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 5.1°C (41.1°F) on average falling to -0.9°C (30.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 17.3°C (63.1°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 7.7°C (45.9°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.6°C (79.9°F) and average low temperatures are 15.8°C (60.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 17.6°C (63.7°F) during the day and lows of 8.4°C (47.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 684.2 mm (26.9 inches) which is equivalent to 684.2 Litres/m² (16.78 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2112 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Belgrade you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Mokairau, Pakarae, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Belgrade Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Belgrade Climate Graph in Metric Units
Belgrade Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Belgrade, Serbia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Debrecen, Hungary - 310.9 kms (193.2 miles) NNE
- Cluj, Romania - 326 kms (202.6 miles) NE
- Arad, Romania - 165.8 kms (103 miles) NNE
- Sibiu, Romania - 304.1 kms (189 miles) ENE
- Timisoara, Romania - 124.5 kms (77.3 miles) NNE
- Craiova, Romania - 274.8 kms (170.8 miles) E
- Calafat, Romania - 216 kms (134.2 miles) ESE
- Lom, Bulgaria - 247 kms (153.5 miles) ESE
- Sofia, Bulgaria - 334.7 kms (208 miles) SE
- Skopje, Macedonia - 329.2 kms (204.6 miles) SSE